The school management of the University of Benin(UNIBEN) is pleased to announce to the general public about the 45th Convocation and 49th Founders’ Day Ceremonies which is going to hold in the school’s premises for 2017/2018 academic session.
Parents and guardians of their wards and also well wishers are hereby invited to witness these ceremonies of the Great UNIBEN.
The 45th Convocation and 49th Founders’ Day Ceremonies of the University of Benin for the 2017/2018 Academic Session are scheduled to hold from Wednesday 20th November to Saturday 23rd November, 2019. This year’s schedule of Events will kick-off with a World Press Briefing, scheduled to take place at the New Senate Chambers of University of Benin. Time for the World Press Briefing is 10.00am on Wednesday 13th November, 2019.
UNIBEN Convocation / Founder’s Day Ceremonies Schedule of Events.
Activities for the ceremonies are as follows:
UNIBEN Convocation Ceremony Gowns Collection & Retrieval Schedule.
- Monday, 18th November, 2019 – 8:00 a.m – 5p.m.
- Collection of gowns by grandaunts of faculties of Arts, Basic Medical Sciences, Medicine, Social Sciences, Physical , and Life Sciences.
- Tuesday, 19th November, 2019 – 8:00 a.m. – 5p.m
- Collection of gowns by grandaunts of Law, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Management Sciences, and Institute of Public Admin. & Extension Services (IPAES).
- Wednesday, 20th November 2019 – 8:00 a.m. -5p.m.
- Collection of gowns by grandaunts of Education, Institute of Education, Institute of Child Health, Agriculture, and Engineering.
- Thursday, 21st November 2019
- 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Collection of gowns by grandaunts from all Faculties.
- 12 noon – 5pm: Retrieval of gowns from all categories of First Degree Grandaunts/Diploma Grandaunts
- Friday 22nd November, 2019 – 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. ::
- Retrieval of gowns from all categories of First Degree Grandaunts/Diploma Grandaunts.
- Saturday, 23rd November, 2019 – 8.00 a.m. -3.00 p.m.
- Retrieval of gowns from all categories of First Degree Grandaunts/Diploma Grandaunts and Post-Graduate Diplomas.
- Monday, 25th November, 2019 – 8.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
- Retrieval of gowns
- Tuesday, 26th November, 2019 – 8.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
- Retrieval of gowns
- All postgraduate grandaunts are to collect their gowns from Monday, 18th November, to Tuesday, 26th November, 2019
- ₦500.00 fine on a daily basis will be imposed on any grandaunt who keeps the gown after Tuesday, 26th November, 2019
- Students are required to bring along Original and Two photocopies of their Academic Gown Receipts.
- VENUE FOR BOTH COLLECTION AND RETRIEVAL OF GOWNS IS AT THE BACK OF THE STUDENTS’ CENTER (BASEMENT)
- LAST DAY FOR SUBMISSION OF GOWNS IS TUESDAY ,26THNOVEMBER, 2019. ANY STUDENT THAT FAILS TO RETURN ACADEMIC GOWN AFTER 26TH OF NOVEMBER 2019, SHOULD RETURN IT TO ROOM18, VICE-CHANCELLOR’SOFFICE.