The VISA Free Africa is set to hold the 55 voices for a Visa Free Africa Writing competition 2019 for young African Nationals.
Visa Free Africa(VFA) is a global campaign to facilitate mobility in Africa driven by the Kigali Global Shapers in partnership with National Aviation Services (NAS), the fastest growing aviation services provider in the emerging markets.
#VisaFreeAfrica (VFA) (www.VisaFreeAfrica.com) recently introduced the 55 Voices for a Visa Free Africa (55Voices4Africa) writing competition, inviting all African youth to share stories about the challenges they faced with intra-continent travel.
Kigali Global Shapers, a community whose vision is to create a platform that engages with the youth to inspire innovation and change launched the writing competition to build further awareness on the importance of achieving a visa free Africa. This campaign will help put a face to a large number of young Africans with missed opportunities in areas of education, tourism, health and work among many sectors they would thrive in.
Interested persons from every parts or corner of Africa like those from Kenya, Uganda, Lesotho, Namibia, Ghana, Cameroon, Morocco, Rwanda, Libya, Chad, Somalia and other countries in Africa can participate in this competition. It is really an opportunity to show how skillful in writing people can be and also as a form or means of pouring out their hearts through writing with the hope that their opinions, suggestions meet and are considered by those to whom it may concern and which will also be used for the benefit of the society or Africans at large.
Future applicants are to read carefully the objectives/requirements needed for the competition and apply if eligible.
- CH Richard And Susan Hayden Academy Fellowship.
- PG Internship Program.
- NNPC/TOTAL International scholarship.
- ipNX Internship Program.
- L’Oreal-UNESCO For Women In Science.
- British Council Future Leaders Connect.
- NNPC Graduate Trainee Program.
- Google Kick Start Coding Competition.
- TU Delft Summer School Scholarship.
- TFM Journalism Competition.
Are you a young African travelling across the continent? Have you experienced any challenges in acquiring a visa to another African country? All you need to do is share your experience by submitting an entry for the Visa Free Africa Writing Competition.
Every year thousands of African youth experience challenges as they travel across the African continent. This often translates to lost opportunities for work, business and leisure because of onerous visa processes. The writing competition is one of the platforms under the #VisaFreeAfrica Campaign that is aimed at putting a face to the large number of young Africans missing out on these opportunities. We invite you to share your story and spread awareness on the need for a #VisaFreeAfrica.
55Voices for a Visa Free Africa Writing Competition Benefits.
- The winning essay will receive a cash prize of $1,500.
- Runner up: $1,000.
- Second Runner Up: $500
55Voices for a Visa Free Africa Writing Competition Eligibility.
- The contest is open to all African nationals residing in Africa between the ages of 18-35 years.
- The writing style should be narrative non-fiction based on a real-life experience you had while traveling from and to an African country. The story should start from a time when you were denied a Visa or how the process involved in getting a visa cost you an opportunity for study or work.
- The article should be up to 1,000 words
- You can choose to write in English, French Portuguese or Arabic.
How to Submit Entries for 55Voices for a Visa Free Africa Writing Competition.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should submit their entries by clicking on the “Submit” button below:
Deadline for submission is 11:59 pm (GMT) on 15th April 2019.