The Scientific organization of the International Astronomy and Astrophysics(IAA) is set to start receiving applications for the upcoming International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition 2019.
The IAA Competition was designed for both high school and university students from all countries. An annual astronomy competition has been founded with the aim of;
- Providing a steady development of astronomy and spreading astronomical knowledge.
- Enhancing the development of international contacts in the field of school education in astronomy and physics.
- Recognizing the growth significance of astronomy in all fields of science and human culture.
- Generally educating young people.
Future applicants are to read and take note of the requirements and apply if eligible.
- Western Union Scholarship.
- International Union For Conservation Of Nature(IUCN) Photo Contest.
- Young Water Fellowship Program.
- TDR Postgraduate Scholarship.
International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition Eligibility.
You have to be a high-school or university student to participate in IAAC 2019. Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate! You should be smart, open-minded, and creative to solve the science problems.
International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition Benefits and Prizes.
Successful participants receive many certificates, awards, cash prizes, and honors:
- All Participants: Official Participation Certificate
- All Finalists: Special Finalists Certificate
- 1. Prize: 200 USD Cash Prize, Special 1. Prize Certificate
- 2. Prize: 150 USD Cash Prize, Special 2. Prize Certificate
- 3. Prize: 100 USD Cash Prize, Special 3. Prize Certificate
- Special Regional Awards:
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of Africa
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of Europa
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of Greater Middle East
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of South Asia
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of South East Asia
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of America
We understand the crucial role of teachers and schools for scientific education. Because of that, we award several school awards to honor the efforts of the teachers and the schools:
- IAAC School Award for Most Participants: This award receives the school with the most overall participants of the qualification round to honor the efforts of the teachers for encouraging students to participate in scientific competitions.
- IAAC School Award for Most Finalists: This special award receives the school with the most students that have shown an outstanding performance and have participated in the pre-final and/or final round.
- IAAC School Award for Excellence: This award receives the school with many outstanding students that have achieved high results throughout the overall competition to honor the quality education in general.
The IAAC Network: Winners and former participants of IAAC become automatically part of the IAAC network: This network consists of outstanding and talented students from all around the world!
International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition Process & Rounds.
- Qualification Round: The qualification round 2019 consists of five astronomy problems and you can submit your solutions online until 14. April 2019. All participants receive certificates.
- Pre-Final Round: Successful participants can register for the pre-final round: You have one week to solve the ten challenging problems of the pre-final round.
- Final Round: Successful finalists can participate in the final round: You will take a supervised exam of 60 minutes. The winners receive certificates and cash prizes worth over 700 USD.
How to Submit Entries for International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition.
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply Here” button below: