The Public Affairs section of the U.S Embassy Abuja has made known to the general public that the application form for the Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant(FLTA) Program 2019 is now out.
Interested persons who is a graduate that has an interest in teaching different languages which includes Hausa and(or) Yoruba languages can make a good use of this opportunity and apply; and one of the benefits is that applicants may have a life time opportunity to teach Some High school, College and University students in the United States of America(USA).
Future applicants are to carefully read the objectives, take note of the requirements and apply if eligible.
- WEMA Bank Hackaholics Program.
- PG Internship Program.
- International Union For Conservation Of Nature(IUCN) Photo Contest.
- Young Water Fellowship Program.
The Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) program is a nine month non-degree course funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and administered by the Institute of International Education. The objective of the program is to strengthen foreign language instruction at U.S. colleges, universities, and some high schools, while providing future teachers from abroad the opportunity to refine their skills, increase their English language proficiency, and expand their knowledge of U.S. society and culture. FLTA fellows must return to their home countries upon completion of their programs to teach English at the secondary or university level.
Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program Eligibility.
All applications must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be teachers of English or in training to become teachers of English.
- Applicants must possess a university degree in English, Language Arts, or combined honors.
- Applicants must be fluent in English, demonstrated by a TOEFL score of 79-80 (Internet based testing) or 6.0 (overall score International English Language Testing System-IELTS).
- Applicants must be between 21 and 29 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must demonstrate maturity, dependability, integrity and professionalism.
- Applicants must be physically present in their home country throughout the nomination and selection process.
How to Apply for Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA) Program.
- Applications must be completed and submitted online.
- Applicants should request that the academic office of their institution send a stamped copy of their transcripts in a sealed envelope to: The Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja, Attention: Cultural Affairs Officer.
- Other documents to be submitted include academic credentials, signed and stamped letters of reference, and the photo page of a valid Nigerian passport.
For further inquiries, please contact Cultural Affairs Assistant, U.S. Embassy, Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive, Central Area, Abuja: email: CulturalAbuja@state.gov or U.S. Consulate General, #2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos;
Deadline : 30th March, 2019.