Total Nigeria Plc has an opening for Senior Production Operator, interested candidates should continue reading for more details.Total is one of the largest major integrated oil and gas companies in the world, with activities in more than 150 countries.
The Group is also a first rank player in chemicals. Its 96,000 employees put their expertise to work in every part of the industry – exploration and production of oil and natural gas, refining and marketing, gas and new energies, trading, and chemicals. Total is working to help satisfy the global demand for energy, both today and tomorrow. It is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide.
Senior Production Operator Recruitment
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA / BSc / HND
Experience: 5 years max
Job Field: Engineering / Technical Oil and Gas / Energy
Offer ID: 16706BR
Location: Port Harcourt – Trans Amadi
Interview Location: Lagos and Port Harcourt
Métier: Upstream Operations
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Exploration and Production
Workplace location (Precisions/Keywords): TEP Nigeria production sites
Activities linked to Work Permit site validation / opening:
- Take part in the Toolbox Talks and ensure hazard compensatory measures are in place,
- Perform regular checks, audits of the working locations.
Activities linked to Work Preparation:
- Prepare and perform isolation, flushing, inerting of equipment as requested,
- Ensure safe equipment handover to third parties.
Activities linked to Daily Routine:
- Participate in the periodic inspections and tests on Safety Equipment (Fire Water Pump, Deluge System, Emergency valves, …) and fill out the relevant log sheets,
- Carry out first level maintenance (e.g. valve greasing, pump tests, instrument checks, purging, draining, filter changeover / replacement, easy fix, …)
- Ensure proper handover between line management, colleagues, shift and one’s back to back
- Report any abnormal observation / variation in timely manner, including vibrations, leaks, blockages, plant integrity infringement, …
- Carry out the daily routine activities (visual checks, leak checks, set up / reset up, change over, …)
- Record local functional parameters (e.g. meter, levels, recorders)
- Startup / shutdown the plant and / or equipment and / or facilities as required,
- Perform the first level of diagnostics / trouble shootings and contribute to further in depth analyses,
- Maximize asset throughputs under CCR and / or Line Management instructions,
- Contribute to Cause Tree Analysis, Risk Assessments, Permit to Work preparation, Operating Procedures, …, as required,
- Carry out any other duties as necessary within one’s capabilities.
- Perform samplings for laboratory analysis,
- Perform pigging operations, well testing, equipment changeover, …, as required,
- Contribute to SIMOPS, Commissioning and Start-up activities as required,
- Fluent in English
- Team player, stable, thoughtful, responsible, good communication skill, intransigent in HSE with a clear potential to lear
- 0-5 years experience in Oil Field Operations
- Medically fit on Site.
- Operator Certificate (French BOA, Ogere Certificate or OPITO equivalent) or Opercap assessment above 100 could be an added advantage
Context and Environment
- National Diploma (ND) qualification obtained must not be earlier than 2013
- Selected candidates with limited relevant experience will be placed on training contracts until successful completion of training programme.
Your CV must include the following details in the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email Only
- State of origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study.
- Successful applicants with limited relevant experience will initially be placed on a training contract and considered for employment in TEPNG upon successful completion of the training programme, while successful applicants with 3-5 years relevant experience will begin a career immediately with on-the-job training programme.
- All application forms must be completed online. No paper applications will be accepted.
- Candidates with higher qualifications need not apply.
- Total is an equal opportunity employer.
- Please note that TEPNG will not take responsibility for any careers/job/training vacancies placed outside the Total careers website.
- We will enter into correspondence only with shortlisted applicants. Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application as multiple applications may result disqualification.
Application Closing Date: 5th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Visit our website at www.careers.total.com for detailed information and how to apply.
Tips for navigating the website:
- If the page defaults in French, click on “English” at the top of the page to change the language.
- On the navigation bar Click “APPLY TO TOTAL”
- Navigate to ‘Our offers’ and ‘select’ your language preference
- Click on ‘Advanced Search’.
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria
- Select your job preference to view details of the job
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form.